Monday, October 18, 2010

Week 8 Reflection

Full Time Math and observations

1 comment:

  1. Week 3 in my PDS went great. I started teaching math and morning warm-up, I also checked stations. I prepared for the next teaching week as I take up Language arts and Writing and start incorporating my action research. On Monday at my PDS we had a ISE day which was for faculty Senate, teacher meetings and Parent Teacher conference. The faculty senate meeting was about discussing issues that teachers are concerned about in the school. The principal mostly responded with let me think about it. The teachers are having issues with parents in downstairs student bathrooms and were asking for signs that do not aloud adults in the restrooms with the little kids. Also, the teacher are concerned of the students behavior around the entire school. The teachers broke up into groups discussing certain important categories around the school. My category was behavior. The teachers want action when it comes to disciplining the students. None of my students parents showed up for the parent teacher conference.
    In the classroom this past week, my students are getting more used to me in the room and are adapting to my teaching strategies. This week I did a whole group lesson with the smart board. The smart board did not work of course when it came time for the lesson. But, the students did do a good job working at their own pace and following along with the group even though they are on different math levels. I continue to watch and observe and be amazed of how well of classroom management my teacher has. Next week I will be implementing more subjects and my action research. I am excited and nervous. The more I get to know my students the happier I am to be working with them and enjoying my day.
    Next week I will also be switching my schedule to having 3 kindergartners and a 2nd grader for math from 2-2:40. I am looking forward to working with the younger students with special needs and it will definitely be an experience.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.